Here's one of my latest experiments. I sent it as a non-traditional Christmas card to a special lady. It arrived already so I can post it now. I didn't want to spoil the surprise! I've got a few more to show that I did around the same time. First things first...
I've been teaching myself how to colour my stamps with acrylic paint. I'm also learning how to make layered texture in the background. Really enjoying the process!
This is the card before I added a focal point to it. Striped Reed Set stamped in the background and also stamped, coloured, fussy cut and glued on overtop. I stamped Raindrops along the left side and used white paint and a very fine brush to highlight the drops. I liked it at this stage but felt like it needed something...
Below is what I finally settled with. I added Lucine from my moth collection and sponged on some gold paint along the left side of the card.
A close up of the detailing on Lucine. Painted with Golden acrylic paints. Stickles sparkles along the edges and finally some Crackle Accents. The cracks add to the fuzzy look. Completely unintentional but I like it!
Trying to catch the iridescent paint in this shot below.